Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Washer Woman

Today is laundry day at my house. For as long as I can remember I have enjoyed laundry day. There is something about the smell of clean clothes that makes me smile. Not to mention, the joy of wrapping up in a blanket that's just been pulled out of the dryer (I especially love this on a cold winter's day). I think laundry is simply a rewarding task; folding my baskets of refreshed clothing, towels and blankets makes me feel like I have accomplished something.

Normally, I enjoy laundry day. Today however, I don't want to do the laundry. Despite the fact that if I don't do laundry today- I will have to wear my footie pajamas to work tomorrow, I am just not excited about it. I don't know what's wrong with me.

My best guess is that my dismal attitude has to do with the weather. You see, it is raining outside. That means that the basement will smell musty and I'll be reminded once again that I need to give it a thorough cleaning. I hate cleaning dirty, grimy places and our basement currently epitomizes dirty and grimy. I mention all of this only because my washer and dryer are currently in the basement. Someday, I hope to have a laundry room on the main floor, but that is not a possibility right now.

Bottom line: we'll see what I am wearing tomorrow. Will it be clean clothes for Hubby and me? Or will it be the footie pajamas?

Have a blessed, rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment