Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Homecoming is Around the Corner

Working at a college can be fun, particularly around Homecoming time. As a staff member, I can choose to work extra hours if I so desire- and I normally do.

Each October, I get assigned to a specific class year that is celebrating a reunion. As a volunteer then, I attend all of the events for that class. In the past, I have attended various sharing times, pizza parties, and more formal dinners with fancy floral arrangements. The best part of working each event is that I get to sample the food. Actually, I have to sample the food, to make sure it tastes good and that it is the correct temperature; it is a perk of the job. The downside to working Homecoming is that I have to stay super late on Friday night and then be at work all day Saturday. By the time Sunday night rolls around, I am left wondering, "Where did my weekend go?"

Homecoming is right around the corner and on Friday, I will learn what class I will be assigned to help. This year, I actually put in a request for a specific class because one of my dear work friends is celebrating her class reunion this year and she will not be coming back to work afterward- because she is getting married and moving to Milwaukee. She will be missed...

To celebrate Homecoming, enjoy these crazy fan photos:








No comments:

Post a Comment