Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bubbles

I love a good bubble bath. For eleven years I only had a shower. Now, I have a lovely bath tub and I am taking full advantage of it. Just yesterday, I filled the tub up with some wild plum bubbles and lit some soothing candles for a relaxing bath.

Speaking of my bath tub, I need to give a huge shout-out to my Dad for lending a helping hand with the bathroom over Labor Day weekend. When Hubby and I first bought our house last Thanksgiving, our bathroom was the size of an outhouse. Literally, I could be sitting on the toilet, styling my hair at the vanity, and shaving my legs in the tub- all at the same time. It was a real timesaver, but in no way ideal.

Our bathroom is a bit bigger these days. My dad helped Hubby and me to expand the bathroom, by pushing the new tub (we had to remove the original claw-foot to open up the space, but don't worry, we are saving it for future use) into the guest room closet. The guest room closet was then moved over a bit, into what used to be an open shelved-in space. It is amazing what a difference it made to move the tub back just six to eight inches.

Now, we are in the process of mudding and taping the bathroom. The paint colors are all picked out and as soon as the room is finished, I will post before and after pics.

Until then, enjoy these great homemade bubble bath recipes:

Old-Fashioned Bubble Bath
In a clean container, mix together ½ cup mild liquid hand or body soap, 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, and 1 egg white. Pour the entire mixture under the running water as you draw your bath. Honey is a natural humectant, which will attract and retain moisture in your skin. The egg white helps create stronger, longer-lasting bubbles, for a nice, fluffy bath. For extra-dry skin, consider adding a tablespoon of light oil, such as almond or light sesame.

Foaming Vanilla-Honey Bath
In a clean container, mix together 1 cup light oil (almond, sunflower, or canola), ½ cup honey, ½ cup mild liquid hand or body soap, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. To use, shake gently to remix and pour ¼ cup under the running water as you fill the tub. This recipe yields about 16 ounces, or enough for 8 baths.



No comments:

Post a Comment