Friday, August 27, 2010

Recipe for a Great Birthday

Here are my big golden birthday plans:

Friday night- Hubby and I are going to eat at BD’s Mongolian BBQ. I have a free meal at BD’s because I signed up for their birthday club. Other places you can sign up and get something for free on your birthday are Baskin Robbins (free scoop of ice cream), Culvers (a free sundae), Cold Stone (which I am getting tonight after my stir fry), Noodles and Co. (a free meal), Houlihans (a free meal), Red Robin (a free meal), Firehouse Subs (a free sub on your actual birthday), and one of my favorites- Caribou Coffee (a free coffee if you go on your birthday). There are a lot more deals like these that you can find on the internet. The only problem for me is- once I have the coupons, I feel obligated to use them. I end up with probably twenty coupons that all expire in a two week period.

Saturday- Hubby and I are going to Nordstrom’s and I am going to pick out a pair of Toms shoes (www.toms.com). I am in love with Toms, not only because of their fabulous prints, but because they are so philanthropic. For every pair of Toms purchased, the company donates a pair of shoes to a child in need. A pair of Toms costs around $55.00, not such a bad price considering it pays for two pairs of shoes.

After Nordstrom’s, we are going to Firehouse Subs for my free sandwich. I haven’t been to Firehouse yet, but I’ve heard amazing things about it. After Firehouse, we are dropping by Caribou for my free cup of joe. I love Caribou, but I don’t get to go there too often, so it will be a real treat. After Caribou, we will probably head home, unless I can convince Hubby to stroll through HomeGoods with me. I love HomeGoods. I was introduced to this store by some co-workers who could not believe I had never been there before. Now that I am acquainted with the place, I can’t believe I drove past it so often and had no idea what was inside.

Saturday night… is my birthday party! I am having a Minute to Win It birthday celebration. Hubby and I are going to set up stations around our home with different Minute to Win It games. For dinner, we are serving bbq grilled chicken, beer brats, potato salad and corn on the cob. For dessert- PUMPKIN PIE! As a take home gift, we are giving each guest a pint of our homemade salsa (remember all those tomatoes from a while back- these are them).

Sunday- homework, homework, homework. Did I mention I have homework? In all honesty, we will also be spending some time out at my uncle’s house. Fair time is right around the corner and there is a lot to get done before then. More about the fair later- I promise.

Meanwhile, in honor of my golden birthday- eat a piece of cake and take a moment to relax and enjoy life. Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment