Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Tune that makes me Croon

Today, I am absolutely loving study music. I currently am in the middle of piecing together a twelve page paper on mentoring and it seems that no matter how long I sit and write- I am getting nowhere. Actually, I have eight pages completed, but they are just a jumble of thoughts and bullet points that I need to convert into prose.

This long-drawn out paper is why I am loving music that I can study to. I prefer to write with some background noise, but not like a television show or conversation. I am an easily distracted person and the chatter makes my mind wander. I am not good at writing while listening to pop music either. Whenever I write while listening to the radio, I find that I am typing the lyrics of the current song, as opposed to my brilliant logic (so if you ever notice that this blog sounds familiar- think of the current pop songs and you'll probably figure out why).

What's left to listen to while I write? I am particularly fond of two scores right now. The first is the Amazing Grace soundtrack. The music on it is beautifully written with some very mellow sounds, but also some stand up proud, with your chest puffed out- kind of music.

Along the same lines, I am especially in love with the Last of the Mohicans soundtrack. Have you ever heard it? It is incredible! Not only was it a wonderful movie, but the music that was created for it is genius. In fact, I am listening to it as I write this blog post.

What do you listen to while you study or write? If neither of those things is on your to-do list-what about while you clean the house or maybe mow the lawn? I am always on the lookout for some excellent options. Just remember- I don't do well with lyrics... unless I am in the car, with open windows.... then I belt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment