Friday, August 20, 2010

Hang Your Hat on This

Today, I am loving hooks! As in, hooks to hang your hat on, or in my case- to hang artwork, craft supplies, etcetera. This all goes back to an incredible idea I came up with a while ago...

You see, Hubby and I have this one small bedroom in our house that doesn't have a closet. The room is too tiny for a guest room and we already have one of those anyway. So, the love of my life graciously handed the room over for my own particular use until we need it for a nursery. What's to become of it until then? I am making it into my own quirky craft room.

...Back to my brilliant idea- I have become a hook collector for the sake of my craft room. I am constantly keeping a sharp lookout for unique, colorful, assorted hooks. When I have collected a good number, I am going to hang them all on one of the walls in my craft room. By itself, it will be an art statement, but I am also going to use the hooks to hang ribbon, my fun scissors, tape, misc. art supplies and especially my handiwork.

I never knew there were so many different kinds of hooks in the world. My favorite hooks so far are a white ceramic fish hook (I think it is a trout) and a barn hook I found in the dirt one day (woo hoo- a freebie).

Here are some other hooks worth a second glance:






No comments:

Post a Comment