Monday, August 9, 2010

On the Road Again... Going Places that I've Never Been...


I'm back! That's right... I was gone, but now I am back. For safety's sake, I decided not to blog about being gone until after I had returned. Following? Now that I am a bonafide house owner, I understand the folly of telling complete strangers when exactly they are free to take a shopping spree in your home.

Last week after my grandma's funeral (which was lovely by the way), my husband and I hit the road on our summer vacation. The destination- Phoenix, AZ. Obviously, Phoenix in the beginning of August isn't everyone's dream vacation, but we headed down there to meet up with my husband's family. I was nervous about the intense heat, but it turned out better than I thought it would (I love air conditioning).

Overall, my hubby and I toured through 10 states, including a bunch that he had never been in before. We also visited one state I had never been in- Utah. We drove through a ton of desert landscapes. I particularly loved the saguaro cactus (although I can never pronounce it correctly) and the ocotillo. My husband actually hurt himself on an ocotillo (Why has no one ever told him to never touch a cactus?)

Obligatory road trip animal count: we saw a roadkill armadillo, a mule deer, lizards crossing the highway, three bighorn sheep way up on a mountain cliff, a huge raven at the Grand Canyon, a long horn steer, loads of cows, a snake (unidentified type), a mouse at a Moab gas station, and Lady Gaga.

Seriously, we passed Lady Gaga's tour bus as we headed out of Albuquerque. We don't have a picture to prove this, but seriously- it is nothing to brag about anyway. She is a very strange person.

More travel stories and pictures to come, but I just wanted to let everyone know... I have returned from the vacation many of you didn't know I was on. Blessings!



No comments:

Post a Comment