Monday, December 27, 2010

So.Cold.Outside

Christmas day Hubby and I got an unexpected surprise- our furnace stopped working. I know it was working in the morning, but when we returned home from my in-law's house, our home was unusually cold. Hubby went down into the basement and returned swiftly to say that something was wrong with our furnace- the pilot light wasn't lighting. I did what I always do when something breaks or goes wrong... I called my dad.

Unfortunately, there is not a lot that can be done with a distance of 320 miles between us. In the end, we had to call our trustly HVAC guy. That is one of the great things about having a husband who works closely with all sorts of construction- we know at least one person in every trade.

To make it through Christmas day, Hubs was able to bang on the pipes and we got some heat flowing before we went to bed. Before that happened though, it was really cold in the house, despite all of the baking I was doing- bread and brownies mostly.

Having the furnace break really put a wrench in our plans. We were both going to head up to my parent's house for a week until New Year's, but we couldn't leave not knowing if the furnace was going to give out again, or if it was going to cost our savings to fix it. As it turned out, I am now Up North, but Hubby stayed behind to get the furnace fixed (insert exasperated and sad sigh). Hubby wanted me to be able to still enjoy the holidays with my family and besides, now he can listen to his music till all hours and enjoy some quality time with his brothers (his oldest brother is visiting from AZ this week).

Thus far, I am having a great time. My sister and her boys are also Up North, which means the week will be anything but dull. Here are some pictures of today's sledding expedition (intense teeth chattering included):






No comments:

Post a Comment