Monday, December 20, 2010

The Stockings Were Hung...

I really love giving gifts. I think about what each person on my list might want throughout the year and jot myself little notes. Usually, I misplace my stash of notes before Christmas, but I can normally remember the majority of the items.

For me, the difficulty comes from finding stocking stuffers. Candy just isn’t a big hit in my family because it takes Hubby and me forever to eat it all. Small gifts are fun, but they need to serve a purpose and be worth keeping around.

My boss actually just told me that in her family, each person’s stocking gets filled with a piece of fruit. In addition, each family member writes a short encouraging note for every other family member and drops the notes in the appropriate stockings prior to Christmas Day.

What a fun tradition! I believe I might give it a try with Hubby this year. Do you have any other stocking traditions I could consider? I’d love to hear them.


No comments:

Post a Comment