Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Shopping= Insanity

It is one week before Christmas! Do you have your shopping done yet? I am happy to report that Hubby and I only have one gift left to purchase. Unfortunately, we are waiting for a miracle in order to purchase said gift (I can’t reveal what it is, just in case the recipient was to read this- you never know).

I was very purposeful in starting my Christmas shopping early this year. I think I actually picked up some stocking stuffers back in July. You see, Hubby and I have to watch our pennies around this time of year because there are a lot less people looking to hire a painter in the winter (even one as talented and handsome as my man). It's just easier for us to spread out the Christmas shopping over as many months as possible.

I also like to keep my eyes open for things I like throughout the year and my Amazon Wish List helps me do that. Whenever I see something in a store or I have a good idea, I go online and add it to my Universal Wish List. Then, when Christmas or my birthday comes around, it is easier for me to answer the “So, what do you want this year?” question.

I also use my Wish List as a sort of bucket list for purchases- things that truly are a wish. For example, I have a Bernina sewing machine on my wish list. Bernina’s are top of the line; running easily between $1000 to $4000 dollars (and probably higher). There is most likely no way that I will ever be able to go out and buy a brand new Bernina sewing machine, but I like to dream about it.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend-before- Christmas… and if you still have a lot of store hopping to do- I wish you good weather and quick checkout lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment