Monday, October 11, 2010

Timber!

You know by now that I am collecting hooks for the walls in my craft room, but my dream has gotten so much bigger.

Ultimately, I want my craft room to be easily switched over from a craft room to a nursery when baby finally comes along. I don’t want a predictable pastel nursery however, that would never work for me. I am thinking more along the lines of a modern woodland haven.

I already know the wall color will be Homestead Green by Benjamin Moore. This is the same color that we have in our dining room and I am absolutely in love with it. Homestead Green will be on three of the walls and I am trying to convince Hubby that I should have wallpaper on the other wall. Up to about a week ago, I was thinking of using a bold, black and white, geometric print, but now that is out (I think I talked about this- not that long ago). Now, I want to put up a black and white birch print, very similar to what they have at Anthropologie. This birch print would be the perfect addition to my woodland themed room.

Here are two other items I’ve found that will match the concept of my vision perfectly:





Notes: 1) The woodland creatures mobile is hand cut from eco friendly felt and then hand stitched with matching embroidery thread from head to toe. All pieces are stuffed with supremely soft bamboo filling which makes each one not only adorably plump but environmentally friendly too! These mobiles are $98.00 from PinkPerch on Etsy. 2) The hedgehog clock is made by Decoylab and retails for $48.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment