Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Bobby told me, to tell you, that he heard from Cheryl that Tommy likes you!

Today, I want to divulge one of my favorite autumnal activities:

I absolutely love going to the drive-in in the fall. There is something incredibly romantic about sitting in your warm car, snuggling under blankets, sharing delicious red vines and watching a couple of movies up on the big screen. To add to the whole scenario, you have the pre-movie fun- the music of the 50’s and 60’s blaring over the loud-speakers, kids swinging on the swing set, teens tossing footballs and flirting shamelessly, groups grilling burgers, and just the overall ambiance that’s created at a drive-in. Perhaps one of my favorite parts is the short film that shows before each feature- a hot dog, a drink and a bag of popcorn dancing across the screen, advertising the establishment’s concessions stand. Being at the drive-in is truly like stepping back in time.

Thankfully, Hubby and I just so happen to have a great drive-in located in our very own hometown. I remember the first time we went to the drive-in was five years ago; back when we were still googly-eyed newlyweds. That night, we went to see War of the Worlds and Fantastic Four.

The only hitch with going to the drive-in of course, is finding two movies that you like that are playing at the same time. Unfortunately, most of the movies playing in the autumn are pretty frightening. I just can’t do scary movies (believe me- I can’t handle it). At least once a year though, Hubby and I will get lucky with a good, non-scary movie combo. When we do, we pack up the car and the dogs (I love that they can go with us- they enjoy movies too) and head on over to the drive-in.

Here’s to buttery popcorn, a cold cup of Coke with two straws, and a wonderfully romantic evening at the drive-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment