Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adorable Wet Noses

I want to be completely honest with you in saying that my dogs are like my children. I am the kind of person who lets my dogs get on the furniture and on my bed. I totally buy my dogs Christmas presents and they each have their own stocking hanging on the hearth (actually, we don't have a hearth, but they do hang on the bookshelf). What can I say- these dogs have my heart!

Here's a little introduction to my two favorite pooches (complemented by my current favorite cartoon strip- Mutts):

Grace is the oldest. My husband and I got Grace right after we were married- 5 1/2 years ago. She was born to a pure bred weimaraner mother and a German shepherd dad. She is a very muscular and sleek dog, which is aided by her intense love of swimming and running. Honestly, Grace could play 24/7. When she is not athletically inclined, she is a super girly dog; she actually crosses her paws when she sits down!
Judson is our rescue dog. From what we were told, he came from a kill shelter in Indiana. When we got him, he was probably just 6 months old and 15 pounds. Now, he is a whopping 30 pounds! My best guess is that Judson is a mix between a chihuahua and a terrier. The lady who gave him to us was calling him Dingo. He does look like a dingo a lot of the time, but there was no way we were going to let him keep the name. Now, he is affectionately named after Adoniram Judson- one of the first Baptist missionaries to what is now Burma.

No comments:

Post a Comment