Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Heart of Thanks

I am anticipating not writing a blog post tomorrow, so I want to take the opportunity today (the day before) to wish everyone a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

As I reflect on the past year, I see I have much to be thankful for. I would love to share some of them with you now:
  • I am incredibly thankful for my house, which over the past year has really become my home.
  • I am grateful for all of the people (especially family) who have helped us work on the house; doing electrical work, knocking down walls, fixing up the garage, redesigning the bathroom, picking up the yard... and the list goes on.
  • I praise God for my husband, lovely Hubby, who is full of patience and understanding. This past year has been a good one for us, with a great vacation and lots of laughs- I give thanks for that.
  • I am very grateful for my job, which I enjoy immensely. I love the people that I work with, the transparency and mission of the school, and the stability that my job offers (I know that none of these things can be be taken for granted, especially in today's economy).
  • I give thanks for my grad school education. I am thankful I am almost done, but more importantly, I am thankful for everything I have learned and how I have been challenged over the last three years.
  • I am thankful for my dogs (of course- they're so sweet).
  • Lastly, I am thankful for my family, both my extended family and Hubby's. We are blessed with wonderful peeps.
So now, as I sit down to my waffle breakfast... I implore you to consider all that you have to be thankful for and to give thanks to the Lord.

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 118

No comments:

Post a Comment