Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Black and White

Yesterday, I posted about my guest room. Today, I want to mention another plan I have in action right now. I am currently in the middle of doing something that is affecting all of the art and photographs in my house.
I am attempting to make all of my frames either black or white. I like eclecticism- I really do and my house is proof of that. What I dislike is the different wood tone frames with the wood trim and floors in the house- it just seems like too much.
Instead of going out and buying all new white and black frames, I decided to DIY and spray paint all of the frames that are not already white or black, which is most of them. Hubby helped me pick out a high gloss black and white spray paint at our local hardware store. So far, the process has been successful. I have converted 5 frames with no hiccups. Probably the hardest part has been sanding the frames a bit to make sure the paint will hold. I really love the outcome thus far.
Take a gander at these black and white frame combos and maybe you'll understand why I was inspired to give it a go...








No comments:

Post a Comment