Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Room Fit for a Guest


What a hectic couple of weeks. I was working on Part 1 of my comprehensive exams this past weekend. In addition, my little nephew spent the night at my house for the first time. Both the exam and the sleepover went well. Or at least, I think the exam went over well- I won’t know that for sure until a couple of weeks go by. I can attest however, that my nephew slept very well in the newly finished guest room.
Have I ever described the guest room to you? It has a cozy farm theme in ode to my mother’s roots. I have an old white bed in there (it used to be mine when I was in high school and then my older sister slept in it before that). I have some old quilts, farm pictures, and some samplers. I would really like to find an old dresser that I can put a basin and pitcher on. I am keeping an eye on Craigslist for the dresser.
One of my other ideas for the farm room is currently in action. I was wandering through Target the other day, perusing the clearance end-caps, when I came across some mustard colored plates (a nice mustard color- not a gross one). I ended up going home with four plates for $3.00! Now, I am waiting for my large black stickers to arrive. Once they do, I am going to trace stencils of farm animals on the stickers and cut them out. The four new animal silhouettes will get attached to the plates and then hung above the bed like a headboard.
I'm excited to see what it will look like when it is all finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment