Friday, July 16, 2010

Cake of Course!

My first blog after the redesign- oh the pressure. What am I loving right now?

Well, it is cake of course! Specifically, it is a birthday cake for my sister's surprise 30th birthday party tomorrow. Oh my gosh, you may say- you just announced that you are throwing a surprise birthday party for your sister on the internet. No worries, I am pretty sure she does not read my blog (not yet, but she might start if she learns I am posting things about her).

The cake I picked out for her birthday is focused on her love of strawberries. She also loves cats and music, but I selfishly don't want to eat a cake that looks like a cat or an eighth note. Instead, her cake is going to look like a giant chocolate covered strawberry.

I requested a chocolate cake (her favorite) with strawberry filling. The chocolate strawberry coating will be created using a yummy chocolate ganache.

I personally, am not a chocolate lover, but seeing my sister thoroughly surprised and happy with the cake makes me a huge fan. Hooray for cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment