Friday, August 26, 2011

The Corn Classic

Ready…set…go!

Tomorrow is the big {race} day. This will be my very first competitive race. As for my strategy- I’ve decided to focus just on finishing the darn thing and not necessarily on beating everyone else. I promise pictures (you can quote me on this).

The bad news is that Hubs is sick. He almost never gets sick, but when he does it always hits him hard. He officially has one of the worst colds I’ve ever seen. At lunch today I told him he might need to walk the race, but he is determined to run. Even more unfortunate is the fact that he has to work until midnight tonight. If he even gets up on time- I’ll tell him he’s a winner.

Speaking of which, we have to get up at 5:30am to leave at 6am to arrive at the registration tables by 7am. Why does running have to be such an early morning sport? My only motivation is all the hours I’ve put into training—I really despise running, but I’ve been doing it and now I want some payoff in the form of race swag (a t-shirt showing a cob of corn running down the street will suffice).

So, here I go. Wish me well, just don’t tell me to break a leg…

I need ‘em both to get my t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment