Friday, January 14, 2011

There's a Hole in the Floor

Hubs and I are in hyper drive with the house remodeling because we are going to be hosting a baby shower in April. My little sister has a bun in the oven, so she is going to be flying north to attend the shower. At first, I was trying to figure out how we were going to host a shower with no pregnant lady present- thinking my sister wouldn’t be able to make the trek. Turns out, all my fretting about Skyping her in and setting up a projector are for naught because she is coming!


Of course, we want to have the master bedroom and the bathroom finished before the baby shower. I would hate to have a lot of guests over and still have a hole in the bathroom floor (from the water pipe that was connected to our claw foot tub, which is now hibernating in the basement). I would also like to finish the craft room, so that it can house some of my family during the shower weekend.


On my I-would-love-for-this-to-be-done-but-it-isn’t-mandatory list I have new window hardware for the living and dining rooms. I also really want to buy or make some curtains (we’ve been in the house for a year, but we have no curtains or permanent blinds). Right now, we are using a shower curtain rod to hang a fabric shower curtain across the picture window in our living room. Most guests confess to never realizing that the rod is for a shower curtain and while that may be true- all I see when I look at it are the suction cups found on each end.


Later on this weekend, I am going to post pictures of the progress being made in the master bedroom and in the bathroom. Particularly, I want you all to see how the bathroom looks now that the wood paneling is mostly primed. I think the white paneling verses the wood paneling makes the bathroom look brighter and more clean; I am loving it.


Blessings on your weekend friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment