Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Diary of a Hungry Woman

On Monday, Hubs talked me into starting Weight Watchers again (not to fulfill a new year’s resolution because we don’t do those, but just to get healthy). I faithfully adhered to the program five years ago and it worked for me. After my wedding though, I fell off the bandwagon hard. The first time I did Weight Watchers I lost a little over 20% of my body weight. Now, I am looking at a much steeper climb; being at the biggest weight of my youngish life.


The things I am eagerly looking forward to: dropping some sizes and having more clothing options, having more energy, sleeping better, and just being generally more healthy.


On the flip side: there are many food items I am going to miss terribly. I may just be writing this because it is almost dinnertime and my stomach is twinging with hunger (clanging might be a better adjective), but I am seriously going to miss enjoying my almond M&Ms, mashed potatoes loaded with butter, waffles topped with whipped cream and cranberry syrup, regular root beer and cream soda, chicken fingers (from the local tav- they are simply the best), and delish deep dish Lou Malnati’s pizza. I know I can still have these things in serious moderation, but I love, love, love them- it will never be the same (long sigh). I am also going to miss the mindlessness of simply picking something up and eating it without having to consider the amount of carbs, fat grams and fiber.


I realize I sound like a ridiculous whiner right now. The reality is people should think about what they eat and exercise to stay healthy. Also, I put myself in this situation of needing to do Weight Watchers because of my bad habits, but I’m just being real. This is an uphill battle people. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment