Thursday, January 6, 2011

Of Mice and Men

This is completely disgusting, but I just have to mention it. Aren’t you excited?


I was calmly sitting at my desk, making phone calls to donors, when my co-worker (we share a partition wall) called me into his office. Naively, I poked my head in the doorway to see what he needed. He held up the remains of what was once a blue polo shirt.


He explained that a while back, he was given the shirt by a friend who didn’t want it. Unfortunately, after accepting said shirt, my co-worker realized the shirt was too small. He ended up shoving it into one of his filing cabinet bins and then, promptly forgot about it.


When my co-worker returned from Christmas Break, he decided he needed to do some light cleaning. When he opened his bottom drawer however, he got a bit of a surprise… A mouse had evidently been living (or at least doing some heavy hanging out) in his filing bin!


When my co-worker lifted out the forgotten blue shirt and shook the wrinkles out of it, he could see right through it. The mouse must have loved that shirt because it is sporting a lot of holes.


The thing that really spooks me about this whole mess is that my desk is maybe only five feet from that filing bin! Even though I don’t keep food at my desk and I clean everything weekly, the little rodent is in my mind and I keep thinking I see fur out of the corner of my eye.


Dis.gust.ing.

No comments:

Post a Comment