Monday, October 31, 2011

Spooktacular

Happy Halloween!  












Hubs and I had a great Halloween weekend.  We went to a Halloween party on Friday night.  I went dressed as Velma and Hubs dressed as Shaggy (think Scooby Doo).  Originally, we were going to be gnomes, but people at work tell me I look like Velma with my black glasses and haircut. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Velma's red skirt or orange knee high socks, but people still seem to figure it out.  I guess I do look like her.


On Saturday, Hubs and I had a Halloween date night.  We went out for Thai food, which wasn't ghoulish at all, but it's so delicious we didn't care.  We followed up our nosh with a trip to Meijer for Honeycrisp apples, a pumpkin carving kit (a total waste of money) and some new work shoes for Hubs (again not so Halloweenish, but a necessity). With our new loot in tow, we headed home and set to carving our pumpkins. I chose to do a ghost town and Hubs chose a duo of ghosts.  I just loved watching Hubs carve his pumpkin.  He has always been a looker, but with his new svelte form and determined face... I swoon even now (blush). 

Unfortunately, we don't have any Halloween plans for today- the actual Halloween.  I have class until 6:30pm and trick or treating ends at 7:30pm.  My guess is that most kids will already be done making the rounds by the time I get home. I haven't missed out completely though, I've already seen my fair share of ladybugs, bees, transformers, and fairies thanks to my coworker's children coming through the office. One little 3 year old was even dressed up as Dwight Shrute!  It was the best costume of the season as far as I'm concerned.

As far as Grace and Judson go, they missed out on the costumes this year. I'm sure they are bummed (yeah right).  I never got around to putting anything together for them.  If I had, Grace would have been a chef and Judson would have been a nerd.  It would have been great, I assure you.







No comments:

Post a Comment