Friday, March 25, 2011

Teaser

Only one week left until my little sister's baby shower. I cannot believe the time is finally upon us.

You know know what this means, right? The big house reveal is right around the corner and boy, do we have a lot to reveal. Hubs and I have been working hard to get the house in shape for our guests. I think we will succeed in completing every single thing on our to do list, but one. Sadly, we will be sleeping in a polka dot room for a bit longer.

I really wanted to finish the master bedroom, but the process of transforming it is taking a lot longer than we intended. Unfortunately, when the previous owners decided to try their hands at faux painting (very bad decision), they put the red polka dots on way too thick. If Hubs and I decided to paint the walls as they are now- we would have uniform color, but a really bumpy, awful texture. In order to get nice, smooth walls- Hubs is going to have to skim coat all of the walls from floor to ceiling. It is going to be a tedious process to say the least.

The seriously unfortunate part of all this- is that my best friend and her husband are going to be sleeping in our master during the shower. I feel bad that they are going to have to fall asleep to the chaos that is our bedroom. Oh well, it cannot be helped. If we had focused on finishing the master, we wouldn't have gotten anything else done.

As it is, I currently have an enchanting, storybook wonderland of a house. Seriously, each room of the lower level has been translated into a popular children's book for the shower. The entrance is fairytales, the living room is Where the Wild Things Are, the dining room is Cat in the Hat/Dr. Seuss, the kitchen is The Very Hungry Catapillar, and the back porch is Good Night Moon. I look forward to sharing these pics as well.

I promise- pictures and further explanation is coming very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment