Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Whole New Me

I almost can't believe this as I write it... As of today, I have lost a total of 81 pounds!  Holy. Cow.

Let's do some comparing: My weimaraner, Grace, weighs in at 79 pounds. An average 11 year old child weighs 79-80 pounds. 10 gallons of water weighs roughly 80 pounds.

Hmmm... what else weighs about 80 pounds-- 7 standard sewing machines, 3 female trumpeter swans, 2 bicycles, 27 bowling pins, and 20 watermelons.

Geesh.

To celebrate this momentous occasion, I've started taking yoga classes with some of my coworkers. I honestly never thought that would happen.  Then again, I never thought I would run a 3K either.

The yoga classes are offered Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but my plan is to run/train (for the upcoming 5K Turkey Trot) on Tuesdays and Thursdays and to take yoga on Wednesdays.  Who am I?  A totally new (energized) person--That's who!

I have to admit though, I was really nervous during my first yoga class.  I have a strict policy of not putting my head below my feet because of my past history with headstands.  I keep having flashbacks to college- falling on my head and injuring my neck (have I shared that story? I'll have to check--It's a real winner).

Surprisingly, yoga wasn't that bad.  I actually really enjoyed it. I could do a lot more of the poses than I expected.  What's more- it was soothing and I came away feeling de-stressed.  And this may be besides the point, but I really love my new yoga outfit.

Hooray for 80 81 pounds lost and namaste.






No comments:

Post a Comment