Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Beautiful Peanut

Babies are a blessing from the Lord. Isn’t that what they always say? And how true it is.

My little sister and her husband recently delivered their very own blessing on June 21st- a 4 pound, 13 ounce little girl they named Madelyn Kay. Maddie came into the world just a wee bit early because of some pregnancy complications, but praise the Lord, she’s healthy and downright beautiful. To add to the merriment of her birth, she showed up on my mother’s birthday and now sports her middle name as well!

Hubs and I had the joy of flying down to Texas right after Independence Day to meet Maddie and spend some time with her parents. Upon first meeting her, I was moved by how tiny she is. Her pint size reminded me of holding our older sister’s twin boys right after they were born. I mean, I know babies are small, but yet, it never fails to startle me. Holding Maddie for the first time, I was so nervous that I was going to break her, but thankfully I came through with flying colors and by the end of our time in the Lone Star State, I felt cautiously at ease.

To comment on her appearance, I would say that Maddie is the perfect match to her mother when she was a baby. Albeit, she has her father’s hair and limb length. By the length of her arms and legs, I wouldn’t be surprised if that little sprout grows beyond my sister’s height by quite a bit. She really is beautiful. Hubs always says that no newborn is beautiful, but I think that is just because he hasn’t seen one of his own yet.

Speaking of which, take a gander at the pictures below… a couple of which feature the love of my life cradling his new little niece. Aren’t they some of the most touching pictures? Hubs has such a tender heart for little kids and I know that one day he will make an incredible father. In addition, just look at how small Maddie looks in Hub’s capable arms. In the one pic, it is almost as if she is looking up at him and thinking, “Who is this Goliath?”


“Before I formed you in the womb- I knew you, and before you were born, I consecrated you…” – Jeremiah 1:5







No comments:

Post a Comment