Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Minute Details

My Greece trip is so close, I can almost taste it (or maybe that is the yogurt I am eating as a midday snack). Either way, a car is swinging by the house on Friday to carry me to the airport. Between now and then, life will be total chaos.

Thankfully, my bags are mostly packed. I started throwing clothes in my suitcase on Monday (thank goodness for Memorial Day). I also started collecting my toiletries and must have items- my passport, e-tickets, Bible, journal, charging cords, ect... I am trying really hard to keep my bag at 40lbs or less. The hard part is that I won't have access to laundry facilities while I'm gone, so I have to pack enough items to keep myself fresh even if I spill or drop something on my clothes (which is a given with me).

In addition to packing, I'm trying to squeeze in as much time with my fam as possible. Hubs and I will celebrate our sixth wedding anniversary on Saturday, June 4th. To make up for the fact that I am going to be gone already, we are making all of our favorite (healthy) meals this week and trying to spend as much time together as we can. Speaking of Hubs- can I just give him a shout out and say that he is looking stellar!!! Quite a few people who see him on an irregular basis haven't even recognized him. In fact, one of my dearest coworkers said that she saw a very good looking man waiting in a car outside of her work window the other day and she was wondering who he was- sure enough, it was my handsome husband! I love you Honey!

Together, Hubs and I have been trying to spend a lot of quality time playing with the dogs before I leave. Mom and Dad were down over Memorial Day weekend and they helped me pull out Grace's splash pool; she practically lives in it over the summer months. I got the pool all scrubbed down and filled it up for her. To my surprise, Judson also went in for a dip, which is pretty unheard of. He also brought a dead bird into the house on Monday, but that was less surprising...

In other news, I totally chopped my hair off. I call this my
Opa! haircut. It is a pretty daring cut, but I'm feeling spicy with my new svelte(r) figure. Have I mentioned that I've lost over 50 pounds! Losing 50 pounds was actually my Greece goal and I met it two weeks early. Awesome. I hope you have a beautiful, blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment