Monday, May 2, 2011

Ahoy Matey

I went into the college bookstore yesterday to buy an encouragement card for my amazing student worker (It's finals week and she's swamped). I did end up buying a really sweet card with a squirrel on it, but I also found something else...

Here's the story- Shockingly, I hadn't been in the bookstore for a while, so I took the opportunity to have a quick look around. I always like to look at the recommended books, the clearance section and the t-shirts.

I casually made my way over to the scarf section, when my eyes fell on a small bowl containing what looked like rope bracelets in a myriad of colors. They were rope bracelets! The sign on the bowl called them sailor's bracelets. I fell in love with their chunky design at once!

I know I could probably make one of these for myself, but I'll probably end up going back to the bookstore and buying one with my staff discount instead (I should have gotten one when I was there, but I wasn't feeling impulsive enough).

Here they are (I really like the blue and white one):





No comments:

Post a Comment