Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Grimsvötn What?

Volcanic Ash is Raining on my Parade!

This morning I heard on the news that a volcano is currently erupting in Iceland. Why is this so important to me? Well, I guess the same thing happened last year and it grounded flights across Europe for 6 days!

Thankfully, all of the articles I’ve been reading claim that the volcano seems to be dying down. In addition, it seems the ash from this volcano is heavier than last year’s- causing it to fall to earth at a faster rate. At the same time, the exact impact that this eruption will have on air travel remains to be seen. It sounds like a lot depends on the weather and on how long the volcano will continue to spew it’s ash (on Saturday, it was shooting the ash 6 miles up in the air- crazy).

I’m fervently praying that the ash will not prevent me from flying out next week. This is an excellent reminder that God is in control- not me (amen).

No comments:

Post a Comment