Monday, February 14, 2011

I Love ME

A while back I shared that I want to get healthy this year- not as a New Year's resolution (which I have never managed to keep), but simply because I don't want to be overweight anymore. Well, I've been working really hard and guess what? As of today, I've lost 20 pounds! That is 20 pounds since January 6, 2011.

I am so elated! I feel much more energetic and a lot of my clothes don't fit anymore. I owe a huge thank you to my hubby, who is traveling this journey with me. He helps keep me in line and celebrates with me whenever another pound is dropped.

One of the greatest finds, which has contributed to my success thus far, has been skinnytaste.com. I love this blog!!!! It was started by a wonderful woman, Gina, in 2008 because she couldn't find any good Weight Watcher recipe sites on the internet when she started counting points. In addition, she knew she could improve on what did exist and I agree with her wholeheartedly! What adds to her blog's appeal is her food photography; she makes each dish look mouth-watering in addition to scrumptious- tasting.

Some of my favorites from Gina's blog are:
Her banana nut pancakes
The skinless chicken thighs with shallots in red wine vinegar
The chicken enchiladas (I love Mexican food!)
And last, but definitely not least, the creme brulee french toast!

Seriously, Hubby and I have never eaten this well! Today is obviously Valentine's Day and to celebrate, Hubby and I are making the homemade spinach manicotti and the dark chocolate chunk bread pudding. Aren't you jealous?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone~ from a 20 pounds lighter and super ecstatic, blogger!


No comments:

Post a Comment