Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blizzard Alert

The weather warning on my desktop keeps blinking to remind me that in the next 24 hours I can expect a blizzard to dump anywhere from 9 inches to 18 inches on top of my house. I cannot even begin to express my excitement! Surprised? I love, love, love snowfalls.

Please, do not get my love of snow confused with a love of cold, blowy weather. I love twinkling snowflakes, not lingering cold/icy weather that causes me to get the winter blues... and post obnoxiously bright and cheerful items for my house and office as a way to combat the dreariness of Jan/Feb. I {heart} beautiful, fluffy, swirling snowflakes and huge snowpiles just right for jumping in. In fact, I was just telling a co-worker this morning that if we get a big enough snow tonight and tomorrow- my porch would be the perfect height for flinging myself off of and into a huge snow pile.

Having mentioned all of this, you probably won't be surprised to know that I am hoping we get the full 18 inches that have been predicted. From the way things are looking out the window right now, there's a great chance I will actually get my wish.

To add to the joy of the snow, the College has announced that everyone will be able to quit working and go home at 3pm instead of 5pm. Tomorrow, work will not start until noon with the possibility of having the whole day off. I love the College and the great work that I get to do, but seriously- how awesome is a snow day?

How am I going to spend my snow time off? Let me drop you some not-so-subtle clues:





No comments:

Post a Comment