Friday, December 2, 2011

5K OK

I haven't mentioned this yet, but it is huge... Hubs and I ran a 5K on Thanksgiving Day!  I mean it literally--We ran the whole thing. To make it even more fun, it was a family event.  We ran the race with Hub's two older brothers, our sister-in-law and his oldest brother's girlfriend.  In addition to that, Hub's parents, my sister, her husband and their new, adorable little girl showed up to cheer us on.


It was only the second time in my entire life that I ever ran over 3 miles. I was initially worried I would end up walking a large portion of the race, but I worried for naught.  I had no trouble finishing the race running.  In fact, when it was over I actually felt like I could have kept going.  Is there an 8K in my future?  Let's not push it.


What's up next?  January 6th, 2012 will mark the one year anniversary of my new healthy lifestyle with Hubs.  To date, I've lost 93 pounds and my goal is to make it to 100 by the 6th.  I really think I can do it!  To help me stay focused (because the Lord knows it's getting harder and harder to drop the pounds), I signed up for a sprint triathlon on June 10th, 2012.  A sprint triathlon is a .5 mile swim, 14 mile bike, and a 5K run.  I think I am going nuts!


Let this be an encouragement to you... If there is anything you want to do (weight loss or whatever), but feel like it is too daunting or impossible--You can do it!  If I can lose 93 pounds in 11 months, you can do anything.  I'm serious.  Just take a look at my new, slim, super sweet gams.



No comments:

Post a Comment